Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Ever Changing $35 Shabby Shed


We have several small buildings here at the farmstead. . . .each one with a purpose. . . .but my favorite is the one that John and I built together a couple of years ago for $35. . . .We literally built it with 'found' materials. . . .The base was an old farm trailer from the barn. . . .In fact, just about everything came from there. . . .

It began as a Shabby Shed, when I was in the Shabby Chic phase of life. . . .I'm pretty much over that now. . . .More of a Plain and Simple approach. . . .The plan all these years has been for this still shabby shed (with a small 's') to be an addition to the yard at the log house. . . .Since we hope to have a roof on the log house within the next month or so, I'm turning the shabby shed into a Prim (as in primitive) Work Shed for 'the pioneer man of the house'. . . .Back to the barn for supplies. . . .(grin). . . .It's still a work in progress. . . .one that I'll add to as I find possibilities. . . .I already like it much better. . . .It looks old enough to have been built long, long ago. . . .But that will be our secret. . . .OK?









 
 
If you'd like to see how we put our $35 shed together, there's a tutorial here:
 
 
 
LIFE IS GOOD. . . .