Friday, February 25, 2022

Ice Farm


As destructive as it can often be, there is nothing more beautiful for a winter scene than a good old fashioned ice storm. . .as long as the heat and water are still on (grin). . .


There are so many opportunities for good photography shots. . .if only I could have stepped off the porch to take them. . .It was way too slick to set even one foot off the security of a dry floor. . .




I couldn't walk on the north side at all. . .but managed to get the store and the old Magers barn you will see as you scroll down. . .


All winter long I watch the twin outbuildings from the kitchen window. . .They always bring a smile. . .If they look a little blurred to you, it's because they are covered in ice that dulls the details. . .





I never tire of photographing the Magers barn. . .and Daddy's old 'bob' truck from the 1950s. . .


The Short log cabin seems right at home in this winter scene. . .I had to photograph it from the back of our garage. . .




This is our second ice storm for the winter. . .fairly unusual for us. . .I do hope the cold is about over. . .but I'm in no hurry. . .as long as I can gaze out the window at the beauty it brought. . .



2 comments:

The Farmers Daughter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Farmers Daughter said...

Now it’s 70 degrees! Looking forward to spring