Tuesday, September 22, 2015

An Incrediable Donation


We recently received a wonderful donation from Brent Bradberry of Moscow, ID. Years ago, he inherited Olive Bradberry Ritter's collection of family and Dell area photos that date back to the early 1900s, along with newspapers, a school yearbook,  a history book of Mississippi County and other memorabilia from our local area. I even found my own family among several of the photos.
Brent contacted me when he decided to down-size, inquiring if I'd like to have this box full of history for the Widner-Magers Farm Historic District and the community.  Of course, I said, "YES!"  True to his word, I received a giant box of treasures.  
Olive was a well-known librarian and historian in Mississippi County. She contributed many photos of Dell to the book MISSISSIPPI COUNTY, ARKANSAS: APPRECIATING THE PAST, ANTICIPATING THE FUTURE, published in 1986. I'll be sharing more about her and her collection on the Dell Arkansas Blog in the future. Presently I'm scanning and documenting everything when I have a few spare minutes and hope to get them published on the blog soon.
I wanted to personally thank Brent for his incredible donation to our local history. And, I'd like to encourage you again to remember us when you run across family or local history that you no longer want. Nothing is too trivial. We will keep any donation here at the farm for the present and future generations to see.  
It's our history. . .Please don't throw it away. . .
"Dell is an important part of my family's history and it is local historians like you who keep the past alive. Please consider (this) a small contribution to your efforts."  Brent Bradberry









 
Watch for Posts at: Dell Arkansas Blog
And don't forget us when you clean out that attic!
 
I would also like to acknowledge the Moore Family of Dell
for their very generous donation to the Duncan Farmstead.
Many, many antiques and collectables from the area 
to be displayed in the future at the C. A. Smith Store Museum.
I'll be sharing photos of a few of the items soon.
Many THANKS to the Moores!
 
LIFE IS GOOD. . .