Friday, December 1, 2017

SEASONED SOUTHERN STYLE: Cranberry Pecan Salad/Relish



I simply can't explain how DELICIOUS this Cranberry Pecan Salad/Relish is. . .Mom made it for the Christmas Holidays for as long as I can remember. . .We all preferred it to regular cranberry sauce. . . I love it on my Southern Dressing. . .and I've seen my Dad spread it on his breakfast toast. . .He did have to catch Mom not looking, though. . . 

 

Mom called it a salad. . .I used it as a relish. . .Daddy ate it like jam. . .I've seen others add it to their dessert. . .One recipe. . .pleases everyone. . .


The ingredients couldn't be easier to find during the holiday season. . .Cranberries, Pecans (or similar nut), Celery, Oranges, and Sugar with Raspberry Gelatin as the base. . . It's sweeter than regular cranberry sauce but not over-powering to the rest of the meal. . .And if you like it less sweet, reduce the added sugar to your taste. . .


See how simple it is? Forget all the steps of boiling the berries with sugar and hoping the consistency will be right. . .This comes out perfect every time. . .
Hope you'll try it. . .but. . .be prepared to hear. . .'More, Please'. . .
Happens every time. . .

 

No comments: