Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Gearing Up For Fall

The weather these last two days has been perfect. . . .cool. . . .dry. . . .feels like FALL. . . .so unusual for us in July. . . .I know it won't last, so we're soaking up every bit of it that we can. . . .John has finished the porch. . . .You'll get to see it soon. . . .I've gotten my not-so-green-thumb working--potting plants for now and later. . . .And, in John's spare time (chuckle), he's making birdhouse to sell this FALL. . . .when tours begin. . . .I love the Popeye ones and may just keep this one for myself. . . .

 
 
Looks like we will be open for scheduled tours starting the last of September. . . .The dates haven't been firmly set, yet. . . .but probably around September 22, M-W-F time slots for groups. . . .I'll tell you more about it soon. . . .If you have a group who would like to visit, email us and we'll put you on the list. . . .We already have several signed up, so don't wait until the last minute. . . .Even those who visited before might want to come again. . . .We've restocked the Smith Grocery Museum and have some surprises there. . . .vignettes will be set up around the farm, and the log house is coming along. . . .We'll have our rag rug looms for sale and other special items. . . .as well as some antiques. . . .I'm hoping to have a few baked items for sell, too. . . .Such as Old-Fashioned Molasses Cookies. . . .and Grape Nuts Bread. . . .Fun for everyone!
 


Time to get back to work. . . .Just wanted to pop in and say "HI" while I rested a little. . . .This afternoon I'm tackling the front flower garden. . . .We've had so much rain that the weeds are taking over. . . .Not my favorite job. . . .but it should be a lot more pleasant with the cool weather. . . .Maybe I can talk John into helping? . . .grin. . . .LIFE IS GOOD. . . .

Just a Footnote: Joe Chipman's newest album ARKANSAS IN ME--KEEPING IT DELTA is now available at OUR OLD COUNTRY STORE. I'll also be posting more about it on this blog soon. . . .It's a great album. . . .and our Smith Grocery is on the cover. . . .Til next time. . . .